Friday, May 20, 2016

Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Pie


 I remember when I was small my mom making this delicious dessert...we all loved it! 
We recently for the first time in many years were able to plant some rhubarb plants of our 
own, and I'm looking forward to being able to have this delicious dessert again 
sometime, Lord willing! 

 Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Pie
1  eggs
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 pound fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 3 cups)
1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
TOPPING:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
1/2 cup butter
In a mixing bowl, beat egg. Beat in sugar, flour and vanilla; mix well. Gently fold in rhubarb and strawberries. Pour into pie shell. For topping, combine flour, brown sugar and oats in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for about 35 minutes more, or until golden and bubbly. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This looks delicious! We planted rhubarb this year too. Hopefully next year we will have our own rhubarb! : ) in the mean time I will have to buy some and give this recipe a try!

Sunshine Country said...

It's exciting to get new plants such as rhubarb in the ground, isn't it? :) I think you'll really enjoy this recipe if you can buy some rhubarb to make it in the mean time! Thanks for your comment!

A Heart of Praise said...

Oh yummy! :) This, along with peach cobbler, were two of my favorite desserts Mommy made! I'd love to try making this sometime! I wonder if I could make it THM friendly? :)