Saturday, May 14, 2016

My Saviour First of All


Fanny Crosby's hymns are among my favorites, and this one 
in particular has often brightened my day by it's encouraging words. 
I hope and pray that it might cheer you today as well as you reflect on the wonderful 
coming day when we who are His children shall see our Saviour, face to face! 

My Saviour First of All
By Fanny Crosby

When my life work is ended and I cross the swelling tide, 
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see, 
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side, 
And His smile will be the first to welcome me. 

Refrain:
I shall know Him, I shall know Him, 
And redeemed by His side I shall stand! 
I shall know Him, I shall know Him
By the print of the nails in His hands. 

O the soul thrilling rapture when I view His blessed face
And the luster of His kindly beaming eye; 
How my full heart will praise Him for His mercy, love and grace
That prepare for me a mansion in the sky. 

(Refrain)

Thro' the gates to the city in a robe of spotless white, 
He will lead me where no tears will ever fall; 
In the glad song of ages I shall mingle with delight--
But I long to meet my Saviour first of all. 

(Refrain)

1 comment:

A Heart of Praise said...

Thanks for sharing this hymn! It's been awhile since I last sang or heard it so it was nice to see it on here.