Saturday, February 19, 2022

Hope in the Lord

 


The Lord in His Word not only exhorts His people to hope in the Him...
but also tells us that the Lord Himself will be the hope of His people. I found this so comforting to think on tonight. Everything else around us is so changeable, with causes for worry, fear, etc. that's so easy to get my eyes on, but our God is able to deliver us even in the midst of these things around us, and cause our hope to be in Him. 

"On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, 
All other ground is sinking sand." 

 "The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: Thou maintainest my lot."
-Psalm 16:5


 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
-Romans 15:13

 Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
Psalms 31:24

"...Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the health of my countenance, and my God."
-Psalm 42:5b

4 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Very encouraging thoughts and verses! Thank you for sharing this post! :)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful promises Sunshine, a truly beautiful meditation ..
… indeed the hope and health of our countenance is in resting in this eternal HOPE, our LORD..
One my first received calligraphy was of this verse:
Psalm 146:5 HAPPY is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose HOPE is in the LORD his God:

INDEED … HAPPY ARE WE, to have such HOPE, 😃☝️🙏
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

PS THANK YOU ❤️🙏.. for a pop up comment box instead of embedded so many I can’t comment on because they’re embedded.

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sunshine Country said...

Sister in the Mid-west... I'm really glad you found these verses encouraging. Thank you for commenting!

Sunshine Country said...

Sister Shaz... Your comments are always a blessing - thank you! I love the verse and other thoughts you shared, this is so encouraging to consider. Thank you! ❤️