Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Beauty in the Winter



Winter is not my favorite time of year...but I've been learning more things to appreciate about it.  One of those things, is simply how much it makes me appreciate spring. (smile) 


I do love it when it snows! It is so white and clean, and looks especially pretty when 
it glitters in the sunlight. It is always amazing to think of just how many snowflakes there are 
on the ground each it snows, and how God designed each one so unique. 

O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches. -Psalm 104:24


 I took a walk by one of our perennial flower beds the other day, and it made me look forward to when they're growing again! If you can't tell, spring is most definitely my favorite season. :) 


Speaking of spring, I have been excited to be starting lots of seeds recently! This year 
I am growing quite a few different flowers and herbs that I have never tried before. 
I'm looking forward to seeing how they do. 

Do any of the rest of you like to start seeds early indoors? 

The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in His works.
Psalm 104:31

8 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

You have some really beautiful pictures of the snow! Thank you for sharing them! :)
Spring and Summer are both my favorite seasons.
Some years I start seeds and some years I just buy plants. I always wait until late in March to start my seeds, though. I can't keep them from getting leggy if I start them earlier.

Jennifer said...

There is definitely great beauty in winter!
I do love spring although my favourite season is fall.
I do love starting seeds indoors and will be starting some soon. Our season for planting out is late may to early June and if started too early we won't have room in the house for us to live. ha! Praying your herb and flower gardens will be bountiful this year!

Sunshine Country said...

Sister in the Mid-west - Thank you! :) I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them.
I used to have the same problem with my seedlings getting too leggy before I purchased grow lights. They have been a great investment!

Sunshine Country said...

Jennifer - Thank you so much for your comment! Yes, I'm beginning to run into that problem of using up my living space, lol! I'm thinking my seedlings may need moved to the basement soon.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I do love winter, as I love all seasons. Winter does tend to overstay its welcome however, and come the middle of February, I am ready to see signs of spring! I will be starting seeds indoor this weekend. I have recently been researching winter sowing, which sounds quite interesting. I've never tried it, but many are doing it with great success. Perhaps an adventure for me to try this year! Have fun watching your seeds grow :)

Sunshine Country said...

Marilyn @ MountatinTopSpice,
I appreciated reading your comment, thank you! I have heard of winter sowing, but have never tried it either. I have thought it sounded interesting to try also! Apparently, seeds that require cold stratification are seeds that are specifically designed to need that cold before they'll sprout in spring. I'd love to hear how it turns out for you if you give it a try! :)


Amy said...

I enjoy winter for a short time...then I too am ready for Spring! :) It is amazing to see the intricate details in a snowflake, and realize that since God cares about such small things (that are barely noticed by us,) how much more He must care about the details and lives of us His people. Such comfort!

I plan to start some seeds indoors today! I am looking forward to seeing how they do with a grow light this time. Spring is just around the corner! :)

Sunshine Country said...

Thank you for your comment, Amy! :) Yes, that is a very comforting thought to remember how God must care about us when we think about the little things He has created and takes notice of.

That's exciting you'll be starting seeds! I hope they do well for you!