Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Frosted Canning Jar

 While visiting my sister recently, I had the opportunity to make a stenciled
canning jar candle holder with some frosted glass spray paint that she had.
It was fun giving it a try!


 I made a makeshift stencil with a piece of paper, and 
taped it to the glass (double-sided tape would work great for this, or 
you could maybe lightly glue it in place and peel it up later). 


 I then sprayed two coats of this Frosted Glass spray paint, 
and waited for it to dry before peeling up the paper stencil. 
Here's how it turned out. :)

http://in1.ccio.co/B/CE/K6/54606214201946415aGFl91Yxc.jpg 
Here's another picture that I found online of some jars that someone else did.
 I might like to try this for the Fourth of July this year!

5 comments:

A Heart of Praise said...

I love how it turned out! :) that would be neat for the 4th! Especially if you had some sparklers and some fireworks outside when it gets dark and you could have the jars to help light things up. :)

Sister in the Mid-west said...

That looks like a really neat project! I didn't know that they made frosted glass paint. The frosted jars with candles in them look so pretty! :)

Sunshine Country said...

Thanks, Emily! :) You should try making more yourself sometime with some different stencil designs. :)

Sunshine Country said...

Sister in the Mid-West, thanks for your comment! You should give this a try also, I think you'd enjoy it! :) I've seen that usually a craft store like Hobby Lobby carries the frosted glass spray paint, or you can also find it in some hardware stores, if you're interested in looking.

A Joyful Heart said...

I love this idea!! So pretty and yet so simple. Thanks!