Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Some Thoughts for Today


"A Christian lady was always so bright and cheerful that everyone wondered at her joyous spirit. "But, sister,"  said a friend, "You must have some clouds in your life." "Clouds?" she replied. "Why, of course. If there were no clouds, where would the showers of blessing come from?"

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
-Romans 8:28

 "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes."
Psalms 119:71



 

5 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Very timely and appropriate words for times we are living in. Always grateful to know that we serve a God who never changes and is a sure Anchor in every storm.

Gabrielle said...

Such beautiful, comforting verses...love them! Thank you so much for sharing Sunshine Country♥
Blessings and love, Gabrielle♥

Sunshine Country said...

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made... Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Yes, I'm very grateful also to know we serve such a wonderful God!

Sunshine Country said...

Gabrielle... So good to have you visit and leave me a comment! I'm so glad you find these verses comforting as well. Blessings and love to you also!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I love that response by a sunny sister in Christ... clouds are needed for showers of blessing..
If only my outlook was that cheery. However I'm a bit of a realist.. even if I do try to cint my blessings.
Thanks sis for brightening our day.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}