Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Glazed Honey Rolls

I recently discovered this recipe in a cookbook my sister had brought back to her home from the library. It has become my new favorite roll recipe! The rolls are moist, mildly sweet, and best of all for me, :) easy to make. 

Glazed Honey Rolls

 1 cup warm milk, 70°-80°

1 large egg, room temperature

1 large egg yolk, room temperature (set aside the egg whites...this will be used later for the glaze!)

1/2 cup canola oil

3 Tbsp. honey

1 1/2 tsp. salt

3 1/2 cups bread or all-purpose flour 

2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast


Glaze: (The glaze is optional...I've made these without it completely, other than just brushing them with melted butter instead, and the rolls still taste great). 

1/3 cup sugar (Note: I personally don't care to use a lot of sugar...so I actually left this part out of the glaze completely the times I did make it, and just increased the amount of honey. It's up to you.) :) 

2 Tbsp. butter

1 Tbsp. honey (or, if leaving out the sugar...may be increased to 2 Tbsp. or so.)

1 large egg white

Additional honey, optional

Dissolve yeast in warm milk. In another bowl, combine egg, egg yolk, oil, honey, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).  

Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough is doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down the dough; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide and shape into 24 balls; place in 9x13 in. greased baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350; glaze and bake 20-25 minutes. Brush with additional honey, if desired. 

Note: The honey glaze will make the top of the rolls look darker brown than usual earlier on in the baking, making it a little more difficult to tell when they are done. I was a bit worried they were burning at first, but that's just normal with the glaze. :) 



***************
And in closing.. a verse that was an encouragement to me today. 


10 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Oh my! These look delicious! I cannot wait to try them♥
Blessings, Gabrielle♥

Sunshine Country said...

Thank you for your comment, Gabrielle! I'd love to hear if you give these a try. :)

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe. These looked so good at the Thanksgiving meal. They were so soft and buttery. My children really liked them!

Sunshine Country said...

Sister in the Mid-west - Thank you! I really wish you were able to try them. I appreciate your comment! :)

Jennifer said...

Those rolls look so delicious! Thank you for the verse of encouragement!

Sunshine Country said...

I really appreciate your comment, Jennifer! It's always so nice to have you stop by my blog. :) You're welcome - I hope the verse was a blessing for you also!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Love the photo of the pan of rolls. Nothing looks (and smells!) cozier to me than a 13x9x2 Pyrex pan of rolls! I have a batch of one dough or another rising on the counter a couple times a week. I grew up with a dad who thought it wasn't dinner if there wasn't bread on the table.

Gabrielle said...

Hello again:)
I just wanted to quickly stop by and tell you that these rolls are DELICIOUS!
I made them this afternoon, and the turned out so well..thank you for sharing the recipe with us!♥
Blessings, Gabrielle♥♥♥

Sunshine Country said...

Hello, Gabrielle! I am so glad you gave these a try, and that you like them!! Thank you so much for stopping by to let me know!!

Sunshine Country said...

Jean @DelightfulRepast .... Thank you for you comment! It was nice to have you stop by my blog!