Thursday, November 11, 2021

Changing Seasons

 


The trees where I live have changed colors, and are losing their leaves. I've been enjoying seeing the many shades of bright colors while they last!  Our first possible snow is forecasted tomorrow...so the rest of the leaves will likely be falling soon.   

One of the last daisies still hanging on. Most of our other flowers are finished blooming for the year. 


 With the days getting colder, I have felt a little more like baking than usual...(baking is not one of my favorite things normally for some reason, although I do try to occasionally). I hope to share one of the new recipes I tried on here soon! It is a new favorite of mine. 


These verses have been an encouragement for me recently, and thought I'd share them here. 

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah." Psalm 46:1-3

And I'd like to share this hymn that is new to me, but has been a great blessing to me: 


I hope each of you are doing well! Thank you all for the comments you take the time to leave...it always means a lot to me! 

7 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Oh! what gorgeous pictures! And such a lovely verse♥
I hope that you are doing well!
Blessings, Gabrielle♥

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful tree..the colours of fall are amazing!
So thankful that the Lord is the refuge that we can shelter in no matter what we face. Take care!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

You have displayed such artistic pictures of autumn. Thank you for sharing the verses and the hymn. I don't think I heard that hymn before, either.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

And,I forgot to say:
I can't wait for the recipe! :)

Sunshine Country said...

Gabrielle...thank you so much for your comment! It is good to have you stop by my blog. :)

Sunshine Country said...

Thank you for your comment, Jennifer! Yes, the Lord's creation is so amazing...I'm thankful for all He allows us to enjoy.

Sunshine Country said...

Sister in the Mid-west.. Thank you! I appreciate your comments! :) And yes...I will try not to keep you waiting on that recipe for too long! :D It's a bread recipe...so I'm sorry it won't be something you can enjoy :( Unless you can substitute a gluten-free flour? I forgot to take pictures last time I made it, so was hoping to wait until next time so the post will have pictures with it.