Saturday, February 6, 2016

Winter Days

 After being accustomed to short, mild winters in the South for many years
and moving north this past year, one thing I have quickly learned is that winter days
 can become very long and definitely make me look forward to spring. :)

Image result for cinnamon rolls images 
These days spent indoors are perfect for getting projects done! Although I don't 
always get as much work done as I would like, one great way for motivating myself 
is to make a nice cup of hot tea to drink as I work on a project. :) Most of my 
work lately has been for my Etsy store, but I've also found myself in the kitchen 
a little more now and then. My brothers were quite happy when I made a batch 
of cinnamon rolls recently. :)

We haven't had much snow this winter, but when we finally got at 
least an inch or so on the ground back in December, I decided it would be
 fun to get outside for awhile and make the most of it. :)


Hope you all are enjoying these winter days! :) 

 Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: Thou hast 
made summer and winter.
Psalms 74:17 

 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of
 God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

4 comments:

A Heart of Praise said...

Your snowman made me smile. :) I don't think we've had the right kind of snow to roll snowballs yet this winter, hopefully we will by spring. Abby was wanting to make a snowman the other day.

Yummy, those cinnamon rolls look so good! It's been ages since I last made any; they are one of my favorite sweet treats. Just wish they were faster and easier to make.

Aw, what a cute snowman family picture! It reminds me of when we would make paper mâché snowmen, which was always a lot of fun, remember? Maybe we could try making some with the kids when you come up (LW). :) :)

Amy said...

We've had some snow here too, and had fun in it. Have you tried making snow ice cream yet? :)

Sunshine Country said...

Emily,
That would be fun to make some paper mâché projects while we are up there, Lord willing! :) It's been such a long time since I've done anything like that!

Sunshine Country said...

Amy,
No, I haven't made any snow ice cream this year. The snow wasn't really thick enough on the ground to find some that would be clean enough to eat. :) Hopefully we'll still get some more snow this winter!