Friday, December 4, 2015

The good hand of my God


 
"...And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me."
Nehemiah 2:8b

The good hand of my God, 
Is upon me, I know. 
Oh! what love, grace, and mercy 
To me He has shown! 

As I look back behind me 
I can see His good grace; 
In my life and in others'
His good hand I can trace. 

Many trials have compassed 
Me often about; 
But His grace ever present 
Makes me lose fear and doubt. 

Mercies new ev'ry morning
Are our portion below--
Oh, what then waits before us? 
Up in glory, we'll know!
  
© 2015

  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into 
   the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  
1 Corinthians 2:9

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a sweet and encouraging post, my dear. Thanks for sharing! May you have a blessed weekend. Hugs!

A Joyful Heart said...

An encouraging post-it's good to know that God is good all the time!

A Heart of Praise said...

What a beautiful poem, thank you for sharing it with us!