Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Rejoice in the Lord



“I saw more clearly than ever, that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was, to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not, how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man may be nourished...But in what way shall we attain to this settled happiness of soul? How shall we learn to enjoy God? How obtain such an all-sufficient soul-satisfying portion in Him as shall enable us to let go the things of this world as vain and worthless in comparison? I answer, This happiness is to be obtained through the study of the Holy Scriptures. God has therein revealed Himself unto us in the face of Jesus Christ.”
― George Mueller

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 
Philippians 4:4

2 comments:

A Heart of Praise said...

What good thoughts! So thankful for God's precious Holy Word! I remember that picture! :) That was a lot of fun going to the park that day, wish we could go again with you! :)

Sunshine Country said...

I thought you might recognize the picture. :) That was lots of fun that day, I wish I could go again with you too! :)