Thursday, April 11, 2019

14 Days of God's Promises - Day # 8





But whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely,
 and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
-Proverbs 1:33



Held in His Mighty Arms
by Winfield Macomber

Safe is my refuge, sweet is my rest,
Ill cannot harm me, nor foes e’er molest;
Jesus my spirit so tenderly calms,
Holding me close in His mighty arms.

Refrain
Oh! what wonderful, wonderful rest!
Trusting completely in Jesus I’m blest;
Sweetly He comforts and shields from alarms,
Holding me safe in His mighty arms.

Pressing my tear stained cheek to His own,
Hushing my grief with His sweet gentle tone;
Touching my heart with His healing balms,
Holding me still in His mighty arms.

Refrain
Tempests may rage, sin’s surges may beat,
Ne’er can they reach my sheltered retreat;
Free from all danger, from dread alarms,
Resting so safe in His mighty arms.

Refrain

3 comments:

A Heart of Praise said...

Love this verse, and also the hymn! What a great promise. Are these the tulips from your garden? They are beautiful! I cannot wait until it warms up enough for things to start growing here!

Sunshine Country said...

Yes, these are our tulips. I'm so happy we bought them and got them planted in the fall! I would like to plant even more in different colors sometime. Still looking forward to the irises and lilies to bloom next.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Ah wonderful verse today dear Sunshine, so wonderful to cling to Him in times when we need Him so! And must just be quiet in His refuge,
Spectacular tuplios and great hymn/poem isn’t it.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}