Wednesday, April 17, 2019

14 Days of God's Promises - Day #14


And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, 

to give every man according as his work shall be. 
- Revelation 22:12

Will Jesus Find Us Watching?
by Fanny Crosby

When Jesus comes to reward His servants, 
Whether it be noon or night, 
Faithful to Him will He find us watching,
With our lamps all trimmed and bright?

Refrain:
Oh, can we say we are ready, brother?
Ready for the soul's bright home?
Say, will He find you and me still watching,
Waiting, waiting when the Lord shall come?

If, at the dawn of the early morning, 
He shall call us one by one, 
When to the Lord we restore our talents,
Will He answer thee, "Well done"?

Have we been true to the trust He left us?
Do we seek to do our best?
If in our hearts there is naught condemns us, 
We shall have a glorious rest. 

Blessed are those whom the Lord finds watching, 
In His glory they shall share; 
If He shall come at the dawn or midnight, 
Will He find us watching there?


Well, this is the final day that I'd intended to do these posts, but it's been so good for me 
to put these together and think more on the promises of God (and I hope for others who've read these also), that I'd like to at least perhaps once a week or so continue posting one, if I can. Praying the Lord will bless His Words to our hearts, and faith to believe His 
precious promises.

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. 
-Romans 15:4


1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sang along in my warble with thay hymn of Fanny Crosby Sunshine...
Yes it is good to think upon these precious promises... given so freely to us all.
Thanks very much for sharing them.
Lord bless dear sis.
Shaz in Oz. X
ps I'm posting tomorrow.. its done and God willing on Resurrection day.. but no clear leading on it yet. But Lord will guide! Praise Him. ❤