Sunday, April 7, 2019

14 Days of God's Promises - Day #4



Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will He teach sinners in the way. 
The meek will He guide in judgment: and the meek will He teach his way. 
All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies. 
-Psalms 25:8-10

O may our hearts in meekness bow, 
Before Thy throne of grace; 
Claiming naught but Jesus' blood,
Our glorious Hiding Place. 

----------------------


Quiet, Lord My Froward Heart
by John Newton

Quiet, Lord, my froward heart,
Make me teachable and mild;
Upright, simple, free from art,
Make me as a weaned child;
From distrust and envy free,
Pleased with all that pleaseth Thee.

What Thou shalt to-day provide,
Let me as a child receive;
What to-morrow may betide,
Calmly to Thy wisdom leave:
'Tis enough that Thou wilt care;
Why should I the burden bear?

As a little child relies
On a care beyond his own;
Knows he's neither strong nor wise;
Fears to stir a step alone;
Let me thus with Thee abide,
As my Father, Guard, and Guide. 


1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there dear Sunshine,
How we nee to have the upward look after the inward look to see if ther be any wicjked way in me.
Thanks for the great riches f Jis word and the wodnerful poem too, and for your kind uplifting comments I’ve n my blog sis, you are a blessing,
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}