Friday, December 20, 2019

The Love of Christ


 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. -John 14:21


O the wonder of wonders, 
That God should love me! 
Love a sinner so guilty, 
So vile and unclean. 
To love the unlovely, 
How can it be done? 
'Tis only in Jesus, 
Through His precious Son. 
-Mark Webb


 2 Corinthians 5:14   For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 

  2 Corinthians 5:15   And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
-2 Corinthians 5:14-15

We are constrained to holiness by the love of Christ; the love of Him Who loved us, is the only cord by which we are bound to the service of God. The scourge of our affections is the only scourge that drives us to duty. Sweet bands, and gentle scourges! Who would not be under their power? ...  If you are visited with seasons of coldness and indifference--if you begin to be weary or lag behind in the service of God, behold! here is the remedy: Look again to the bleeding Saviour. ... As long as the believing eye is fixed upon [Him], the path of the believer is easy and unimpeded. But lift off the believing eye, and the path becomes impracticable---the life of holiness a weariness. Whosoever, then, would live a life of persevering holiness, let him keep his eye fixed on the Saviour.  -R.M. McCheyne



I've Found a Friend, O Such a Friend! 
by James G. Small

I’ve found a Friend, O such a Friend!
He loved me ere I knew Him;
He drew me with the cords of love,
And thus He bound me to Him;
And round my heart still closely twine
Those ties which naught can sever,
For I am His, and He is mine,
Forever and forever.

I’ve found a Friend, O such a Friend!
He bled, He died to save me;
And not alone the gift of life,
But His own self He gave me!
Naught that I have mine own I call,
I’ll hold it for the giver,
My heart, my strength, my life, my all
Are His, and His forever.

I’ve found a Friend, O such a Friend!
All power to Him is given,
To guard me on my onward course,
And bring me safe to Heaven.
The eternal glories gleam afar,
To nerve my faint endeavor;
So now to watch, to work, to war,
And then to rest forever.

I’ve found a Friend, O such a Friend!
So kind and true and tender,
So wise a counselor and guide,
So mighty a defender!
From Him who loves me now so well
What power my soul can sever?
Shall life or death, shall earth or hell?
No! I am His forever.

 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? -Romans 8:35


 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, 
nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, 
shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord

Romans 8:35

2 comments:

Mehrll said...

I love your blog and the messages you bring. I can relate so well with the verse "O the wonder of wonders, That God should love me! " Thank you for sharing God's love with us. Have a very blessed Christmas and may your New Year be filled with many touches from God. Hugs.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there dear Sunshine.
Oh it's such a blessing that you're posting again.
What a lot of lovely gems..
I particularly loved who "would live a life of suffering holiness should keep his eyes on a suffering Saviour .. a paraphrase but wise words of Robert McCheyne.
And a beautiful hymn of our wonderfully faithful Friend so true.
Thanks dear precious sis for your encouragement on the Wonderful Words blog post this year, I truly didn't know what the Lord was doing in the blog, but its God so it's never what we think.

Re comments. I set them to be moderated once post is a few weeks old. Used to be a month but not sure now. I've had issues with spam, esp on craft blog but even some on here.
Your two comments are published now thanks so much.
For some reason blogger didn't let me know they were sitting there, no idea why! so if it happens again please let me know in recent post.
Ta very much.
Pray every blessing upon you this Christmas and always.

Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}