Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Are We Obeying God's Word?




 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. ~1 Chronicles 7:14

Are we each truly seeking the Lord to  "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psa. 139:23-24)? Not: search my neighbor, relative or friend...but ME. Is there anything in MY life that is displeasing the Lord? May God be merciful to grant each of us a true heart of seeking His face, and turning from any sin. 



Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: 

And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil. ~Joel 2:12-13

No comments: