Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thoughts on Thankfulness


 

O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:
 for His mercy endureth for ever.
Psalm 136:1 

As I look back on my life, seeing each day the Lord has brought 
me safely through, the abundant mercies that have been in my path all my life long,
and the great goodness of God on my behalf, I can't help but see how 
little in comparison I have stopped to meditate more fully on these things and how much I have 
neglected to lift my heart in thankfulness to the One Who has given me all

How much I need to thank Him for:

 having a father and mother who love the Lord, and have taught me in the way that is right;

 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. 
 Proverbs 22:6 

for all of the physical blessings that we often take for granted: eyesight, hearing, etc., but 
as wonderful as these are, far more importantly spiritual sight and hearing

 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.
Proverbs 20:12 

 and how my heart ought to daily be lifted in thankfulness and adoration to 
God for His work of salvation in my life, praise His holy name!

    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, 
and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1 John 1:7 

  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory 
and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, 
and for thy pleasure they are and were created. 
Revelations 4:11  

No comments: