Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Bless the Lord


We ought not to make our praises of God to depend on our own personal and present reception of benefits. This would be bare selfishness. Even publicans and sinners have a good word for those whose hands are enriching them with gifts. It is the true believer who will bless the Lord when He takes away His gifts, or hides His face. - C.H. Spurgeon 

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. 

-Habakkuk 3:17-18

I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall 
continually be in my mouth. 
Psalms 34:1


2 comments:

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

I agree so much that it's a blessing when our God coincides a verse like that.
Tremendous. However we more often fail we need to be Job. Though He slay me yet will I trust in Him. That is faithfulness to emulate.
Lord bless sis.
Still away. Joining by email when i get home. Praying for Lord to design my day.
I think I might change it to give time to my uncle rather than I wanted to do. He needs to know Him. Love Shaz. X

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I’ve joined 😁by email. Lord bless,
Shaz.x