Monday, September 26, 2022

Nothing Between


 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I've posted this short poem before...but it is on my mind so I will share it again (I am unsure who the author is):

Lord, search my soul, try ev'ry thought,
Though my own heart accuse me not
Of walking in disguise--
I beg the trial of Thine eyes. 
Doth secret mischief lurk within?
Do I indulge some unknown sin?
O turn my feet whene'er I stray, 
And lead me in that Heavenly way. 





2 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

This makes me think of the hymn Nothing Between My Soul And The Saviour. Now I have a song on my lips this morning. Thank you!

Sunshine Country said...

Sister in the Mid-west, I am glad this gave you a song to think of and sing! That hymn did cross my mind too when I was making this post. Thank you for your comment!