Saturday, March 20, 2021

First Flower of the Year

 What could be more appropriate than to discover the very first flower I've seen this year in our yard, today on the first day of spring?!  :) I was so happy to spot this pretty little crocus as I was out taking a walk earlier today.  




There are other signs of spring around as well... 


Irises coming up...


Lots of birds singing in the trees, and some building nests here and there...


And flower seedlings getting ready for going into the ground as soon as the danger of frost is past.  

Spring is my favorite time of year. Happy first day of Spring, everyone! 

This verse has been on my mind lately. My sister-in-law shared it with me recently,
and I thought I'd share it here also.  

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
-John 14:27

That verse made me think also of these two verses: 

 "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;" 
-Ephesians 2:13-14


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful find on the first day of spring! All those little touches are so cheerful! Thank you for sharing the scripture verses...not as the world giveth has always stuck in my mind. When you know the Lord, He gives you new eyes and understanding. How precious it is to know Him and hope in His mercy!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Crocuses are so pretty and particularly cheering seeing as how they are first flowers to bloom. I love crocuses! I love Spring, too! We were outside today finding some plants that are showing signs of growth. I am so excited that they made it through the winter!
Thank you the verses, too! It is always good to be reminded that we can have perfect peace in Christ.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Amen dear Sunshine, I too love spring. I remember in April 2012 my nephew took me unexpectedly to Finland to visit his friends,and they had a few beautiful crocuses popping out of the bare earth in their backyard, amongst melting snow. Quite a contrast.
However yours is very beautiful deeeep purple. Love it
And agree re verse you share.. and often sing the chorus "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you, etc" it does cheer ones heart.
Today is Good Friday.. and yes Jesus smashed that middle wall of partition between us and God on this day all those years ago.
Praise Him, indeed. Hope you're okay. Pray each day for you and yours.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}