Saturday, May 13, 2023

Careful and troubled?



I found this poem a long time back... It has been such a help to me that I thought I should share it here, to hopefully help and encourage others as well. 
"CAREFUL AND TROUBLED?"
By: Unknown Author

"Careful and troubled," Is that true of thee?
"Careful and troubled," Why should'st thou be!
Faith in His wisdom, thy Savior desires;
Trust in His guidance, He always requires.
"Careful and troubled," but that is not "trust";
"Trust" means to leave it all, happen what must
"Trust" means to live free from worrying care,
Casting on Jesus thy burden to bear.
"Careful and troubled" dishonors His love;
Do not His past dealings all faithful prove?
"Careful and troubled," dishonors His power;
Will not His strength hold out, hour after hour?
"Careful and troubled" just means "unbelief";
Thou wilt not trust Him, and that gives Him grief.
"Careful and troubled" just means "disobey";
"Bring here thy burden!" "I will not," you say.
And yet "He careth, He careth for you";
Have you not tried it, and found it is true?
Have you known one of His promises fail?
Have you not proved that His Strength does Prevail?
Alter thy motto: then, "trouble" no more;
Go to the Old Book of heavenly stores.
"Careful for nothing," there written I see,
Savior, I thank Thee; make that true of me.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. -Philippians 4:6

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this poem! Yes, yes and yes! It all boils down to "Do you really Trust Me?" We cast our cares onto Jesus and leave them there...and we are yoked to Him, so where He leads we follow! So much comfort and peace in trusting in the Lord with all your heart. Especially NOW! Maranatha! Linn from WA state :)

Sunshine Country said...

Linn - Your comment was such an encouragement to me. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave your thoughts! Amen to everything you wrote, God does give such wonderful peace and comfort if we trust in Him, no matter what it is we are going through.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I love this poem! I could definitely benefit from applying the wisdom found in this poem. Just believe what God says. Trust his words.

Sunshine Country said...

Thank you for your comment, Sister in the Midwest! I am glad you like this poem.

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Beautiful poem, thank you for stopping in by my blog! I am now following you!

Sunshine Country said...

Simply Handmade Farmhouse... Thank you so much for your comment, and for following my blog!