Monday, January 28, 2019

I shall not want





A friend of mine shared a sermon recording from her pastor with me recently, that spoke on this chapter. It dwelt on what a wonderful thought it is, that those who are the Lord's children have HIM as their Shepherd through this life. If He is truly our Shepherd, we shall not want (i.e., lack). "The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing." -Psalms 34:10  "For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly." -Psalm 84:11 

Are we truly seeking the LORD, and walking uprightly? "Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD." -Lam. 3:40  "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." -Psalm 139:23

~Psalm 23~

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 

 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. 

*************************
  The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; 
therefore will I hope in Him.
 -Lamentations 3:24

If the LORD Himself is truly your portion, what more can you need?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hello,
Thank you so much for this encouragement. This is such a wonderful Truth! I'm so thankful to have a gentle and loving Shepherd; may God be our satisfaction.
Saved by grace,
Natalie

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Beautiful words dear sister, such a blessing to know these truths and rest in them!
Thanks for the blessing of this post. I didn't realise you were back publishing again! Your comments always bless my heart.
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x